Sunday, November 24, 2013

Nana's Snack Mix

I initially saw a post for "Hot Buttered O's" on Pinterest and thought, "why not up it a notch?"  So, I thought of some of my favorite noshing nibblies and came up with the following recipe:


6 Cups Cheerios
1 Pkg. Craisins (or any dried fruit)
1 Pkg. Vanilla Yogurt Covered Raisins
1 Pkg. Goldfish (I used 'Whales" you get from DG)
1 Can Honey Roasted Peanuts
1/2 stick of butter (4 Tbsp)
Salt & Cayenne Pepper to taste

Melt the butter in a skillet and add the Cheerios.  Stir on medium heat until all the butter is absorbed by the cereal and the O's are slightly toasted.  Take off the heat and add salt & cayenne to taste.


Stir until cool.  Add the remaining ingredients and voila'!


Recipe can be doubled and altered to include your favorite snacks (I usually always double it)!  Store in a air-tight container and enjoy at will!


Fill a baggie for the kids' lunch box, a trip to the park, your office drawer, birthday party favors, class outtings, or enjoy a bowl full with your favorite TV show!  I have no idea how long they last in the container, because they don't last long at my house!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment